ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

2007: My 'Best of' list

<< < (2/4) > >>

p3lb0x:
Great! I was referring to the Japanese lang. version with English subs, BTW. There is a version dubbed in English but I don't know how well the impact of the original voice actors would carry through there. I've modified my original post to reflect this.
-nosh (December 26, 2007, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have watched the movie and i agree its a most watch (cant remember which version i saw)

tomos:
Thanks. Where's yours?  :P
-nosh (December 26, 2007, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
ahhhh,
Nosh throws down the gauntlet  :)

I've actually been thinking a bit about that since reading your post
and while you havent a chance of a best of 2007 from me (one year always merges into the next :-\)

I can actually say the best book I've read this year
but unfortunately it hasnt been translated into english yet but here it is for anyone in german
Ich bin dann mal weg. Meine Reise auf dem Jakobsweg
by Hape Kerkeling, currently one of the most famous comedians in germany - this reasonably "serious" book though, if a bit surreal at times, about him walking from the Pyrenees to Santiago de Compestella (Lashiec-Land I believe) in Galicia

actually after looking at a list of all films released here (germany) in 2007, of the ones I've seen, the highlight for me was:

Full Metal Village
which is actually a very low-key documentary (made by a south Korean woman Sung Hyung Cho) about a huge heavy metal festival in a very small village in north Germany
Probably well worth seeing subtitled as well, but remember, fairly lowkey in spite of the odd blast of heavy metal!

Best software discovered:
will have to be shared between Filehamster (backup/versioning) & SQL-Notes (organiser/database/notetaker on steroids - which is looking for a new name if anyone has ideas)

howzat :P

zridling:
Wow, thanks for the recommendation, Nosh; I added it to my Netflix queue. Here's my 2007 BEST OF short list.

BEST TV I WATCHED
Cowboy Bebop

BEST BOOK I READ
Dinosaurs in the Attic: An Excursion into the American Museum of Natural History

BEST SITES DISCOVERED
think or thwim
Chess Teaching
PoopReport.com

BEST SOFTWARE I USE
XYplorer File Manager
Finally making the switch (right now, it's SimplyMEPIS Linux)

BEST TECH BLOGS OF 2007
nixCraft (Linux)
i started something (Windows)

BEST TECH ACHIEVEMENT
OLPC, one laptop per child

BEST FAILURE
MS-OOXML Fails to Gain ISO Approval

nosh:
tomos: Not bad at all!  ;)

I've always liked German cinema, BTW. Not watched too much of it but I remember ones like Alice in the Cities, Zuckerbaby, Martha, Lola Rennt...

zaine: Thanks for your input. It's 3 AM here and I'm off to watch some trash (Saw 4) for a change.

zridling:
Same here, I subscribed to the German channels on DishNetwork here in the US until a couple of months ago. I really enjoyed following their actors around the world in Hollywood movies, TV series, and other films. Too bad that Dish jacked up the price so I could no longer afford to subscribe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version