ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (169/235) > >>

Armando:
Bad me  :down:
-PPLandry (March 24, 2008, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
:D no no no. I really don't mind!

Thanks PPLandry and Armando, keep up the great work!
-kartal (March 24, 2008, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

you're welcome.

PPLandry:
Is it possible to create an item without typing it anywhere? I am using wikipad for my notes(which is faboulous tool), and in Wikipad I can just press ctrl+o and type title of my note, if there is a note about it it would open the file, if it there is no such note it will create a new one and I will type the necesssary information in it. These kinds of notes are unlinked to anything but I can call them anytime I need(by just using autocompletion and wiki tags). I was wondering if that is possible to do it in Sqlnotes on the fly like Wikipad.
-kartal (March 24, 2008, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is a good idea.

Right now, you can easily open an item with a Quick Search and Add by:

* Press F12 to move to the grid

* Press INS to add a new item

* Press F12 to move focus to the HTML pane
A minor change could allow it. So if I summarize, you're in the HTML editing pane:

* Hit shortcut key. A dialog comes up where you can enter the item title. A drop-down matches existing ones.

* If you select an existing one, focus goes to that item

* If what you typed does not match an existing one, a new item is created
If you hit a different shortcut (say CTRL-L), the same dialog opens but allows you to create a link to an existing or a new item.

superboyac:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it's a great idea:

If you really want to steal Evernote users away, put a docked search box (find as you type of course) on the toolbar.  I know there is already all of the other filters up there, but this box will search every item in just the grid that is currently displayed and filter accordingly.  That's basically how Evernote works anyway.  If you consider Evernote to be one grid, then the evernote search box just searches every single character of that grid and filters the grid accordingly.
The filter bar is great and everything, but sometimes (most of the time in my case) you just want to quickly find that one word you're looking for.  You don't want to think about which field its in or anything like that.  That's what makes Evernote so great--you just type the word you're looking for and that entire list filters down to a few items.

Dormouse:

* Press F12 to move to the grid

* Press INS to add a new item

* Press F12 to move focus to the HTML pane

* Hit shortcut key. A dialog comes up where you can enter the item title. A drop-down matches existing ones.

* If you select an existing one, focus goes to that item

* If what you typed does not match an existing one, a new item is created
If you hit a different shortcut (say CTRL-L), the same dialog opens but allows you to create a link to an existing or a new item.
-PPLandry (March 25, 2008, 10:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is all well and good for people who do everything by the keyboard, but what about mouse users?

PPLandry:
This is all well and good for people who do everything by the keyboard, but what about mouse users?
-Dormouse (March 25, 2008, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Double-click below the list of items (in the grid, adds a new item. Click on the HTML pane to start entering text

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version