ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (167/235) > >>

Armando:
So my suggestion is that when someone press ctrl-c or edit-copy Sqlnotes should ask user if user is trying to clone or duplicate.
-kartal (March 24, 2008, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seems like a good idea!

As a user I do not want to go through mazes of search grids, grid list to assosiate my items to views. Copying and pasting is a quite a legitimate way to instance an item in my view. I love dragging an item to grid tab to assosiate but that has limited use if most of the grids are not visible on tab area.
-kartal (March 24, 2008, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree. Although simple multiple grid association of an item doesn't involve any maze : select the items you want to associate with another grid and tick the right fields (corresponding to the grid's source) in the properties pane. (when I was talking about the search grid, it was only so that you can find your absent or orphaned pasted items -- if any)

Like I said, to use copy/paste to create grid association could also be a good idea. I just hope it will not create more confusion about what a grid is (the grid doesn't "contain" anything, it's merely  a view...).

Armando:
Oups... Pierre was first.

kartal:
Thanks guys, I will try to use SqlN Mantis more often to report.

Armando can you please explain this one little more please  ?
"select the items you want to associate with another grid and tick the right fields (corresponding to the grid's source) in the properties pane."

PPLandry:
Armando can you please explain this one little more please  ?
"select the items you want to associate with another grid and tick the right fields (corresponding to the grid's source) in the properties pane."
-kartal (March 24, 2008, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is actually pure Ecco. If you want an item to be shown under a folder, it requires a value in that folder. True for all folders (in notepad, calendar, phonebook, etc)

So if you have grid1 with source=Field1 and grid2 with source=Field2 then if you want an item that's in grid1 to also show in grid2, simply put something in Field2 for that item.

kartal:
I understand how it works. I just did not understand how to do that in Sqlnotes. His steps were not clear to me. Is he talking about "available fields"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version