ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

too many updates !!!

<< < (3/4) > >>

lanux128:
wasn't there separate download links for a 'stable' version and 'development' (aka beta) version? in a way, i'm glad mouser's on a roll. :)

Darwin:
Heh, heh - I usually complain about there NOT being updates to apps that I use. Still, I take pitzelberger's point...

lanux128:
i remember that Farr's development cycle was on a hiatus for about 8 months previously. on another note, herojoker's suggestion here is something to be considered, especially for daily updates.

mouser:
i think a good thing to do might be to add tags of major/minor/beta for each update, and let dcupdater be configured to ignore certain tagged updates for each program.

Nod5:
i think a good thing to do might be to add tags of major/minor/beta for each update, and let dcupdater be configured to ignore certain tagged updates for each program.
-mouser (July 28, 2008, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
I love the many FARR updates! But I can also see the use in such a feature for some people. In general I think something like this is becoming a really important feature for update tools. Though I think the most important tag would be "vulnerability fix/security issue fix". I use filehippos updatechecker to update many programs and some are very frequently updated (notepad++ and ccleaner to mention just two) and most of the time the changes for each update are of no meaning to me. The problem is even greater with firefox add-ons. For many programs/add-ons I would ideally want to get all security fixes and all major revisions and inbetween that perhaps only every 10th update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version