ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Note Taking Software

(1/4) > >>

CleverCat:
I just found this amazing programme on Gizmo's site...

It's called QuotePad and it's better than ShirusPad IMHO  :Thmbsup:

http://quotepad.info/

I particularly like the feature that when you select text on a Web Page and paste it, you automatically get the URL, and the Reminder works well too! It docks to screen edge and pops out when you mouse over.

I'm busy reading all the Help online so hoping to discover some more features!

CleverCat

rjbull:
I asked A!K Research Labs about this, because it looks so close to their program Notesholder Lite.  If I understand their e-mail correctly, QuotePad is a rebranding experiment of Notesholder Lite.  I haven't tried it yet, but if the screenshot is anything to go by, some people may prefer QuotePad's permanent filter box.

I am a registered user of Notesholder Pro.  Don't like the alarm system of either version much, but otherwise they're nice.  Main advantage of Pro over Lite is being able to have categories of notes - sort of parallel ribbons.  You can install both Lite and Pro as portable.  Main disadvantage of Pro is, last time I tried it via a USB stick at work, Trend OfficeScan deleted it, yet another false positive   >:(  Lite is OK, though.

BTW you don't have to make Notesholder dock to the screen edge, you can hide that and just us hotkeys.  I don't know why they add an extra hotkey slot ot hide the program, just pressing the "new note" hotkey twice or Esc once does just as well.

CleverCat:
Yes I saw that and I've just got the hang of Filters in QuotePad - they mention categories but I can't find it anywhere!

I also like the GUI in QuotePad...and the reminders!

CleverCat:
Ah - the paid for has categories - start saving... ;D

rjbull:
I think I bought my license when they had a discount, or it might have been a Bits du Jour discount.  But you can't rely on discounts...  I don't see anything about a payware version of QuotePad?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version