ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (8/15) > >>

wraith808:
I was using Foxit reader for the longest time- then they grew to big for common sense and started including stuff in the installer and in the program for advertising.  Has that changed?

Deozaan:
I was using Foxit reader for the longest time- then they grew to big for common sense and started including stuff in the installer and in the program for advertising.  Has that changed?
-wraith808 (August 25, 2015, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good question.

I use ninite to install it, so I didn't get any extras. And I don't read PDFs very often on my computer, but I haven't seen any in-software advertising. Then again, I also have AdGuard installed, so maybe it's blocking the ads.

mwb1100:
Unfortunately for me, now I have some work to do seeing if I like Sumatra 3.x.
-mwb1100 (August 24, 2015, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I'll be sticking with STDU for now.  Sumatra's tabs are nice, but they don't scale very well to 10 or more - it just keeps squeezing tabs onto a single row, making them smaller an smaller.  STDU will get to a point where it'll scroll them, and also has a window where all the tabs are listed.

STDU also has a nice "search all" feature that's missing from Sumatra.

On the other hand, I have several PDFs that use ligatures (mostly character combinations of "fi") and Sumatra handles copy/paste and searching of text that contains ligatures perfectly (by converting the ligatures to the equivalent ASCII characters). STDU doesn't do this conversion, so searches must contain the ligature character code and pastes of that text generally needs to be fixed up.

So I'll keep an eye on Sumatra.

c.gingerich:
Kami - Chrome plugin PDF (and other documents) viewer/mark-up tool. Love it and use it every day.

jaden:
Sumatra here.

I used to use Foxit, then PDF-XChange Viewer. Sumatra is so fast though. It makes me giddy :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version