LATEST OFFICIAL RELEASE:
REVIEWS AND AWARDS:
Desktop Coral - Yes, We Forgot the Other 'R'cor-ral (n.) 1. An enclosure for confining livestock. 2. An enclosure formed by a circle of wagons for defense against attack during an encampment.
Web Link Captor takes a list of plaintext items, and builds an output document containing a list of url-linked results based on web searches for the items. It's a way to quickly build a clickable list of items from just their names, suitable for posting on your blog or a forum, etc.
- Friendly GUI lets you build flexible sets of processing steps to parse plaintext input lists and perform search and output functions.
- You can save and load projects and script configurations for easy re-use.
- Uses a set of standalone utility scripts that can be run without the windows front end GUI, and can be easily modified and expanded.
- The included backend scripts are in Python (but other languages can be used).
- Uses caching to avoid repeating web searches unnecessarily.
- Comes with output formatters for HTML, BBCode, Markdown/Wikipedia.
- Comes with searching engines for google, and bing/opensearch (which can handle amazon, wikipedia, and many others).
- Flexible scoring system lets you interactively or programmatically tweak your results to get the best list of links.