topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:26 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Thumbnails on mouseover...  (Read 6389 times)

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
Thumbnails on mouseover...
« on: September 26, 2005, 03:52 AM »
Hi!

I used to have a small freeware app that would generate a thumbnail image/tool tip when hovering a mouse pointer over a graphics file. I lost it and can not find it anywhere no matter how hard or long I search. I believe it was by the same author who created Color Set...a colour picker.

Now I know there's an app called Instant Thumbview which is similar but that's not the one I was looking for.

Anyone know of any other application (free or otherwise) that does this? If anyone can help me it's you fine people.

Thanks!  :)
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Thumbnails on mouseover...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 12:16 PM »
i know of some tools that show images in the right click properties menu but not any that show image on mouse over, though it does sound useful..

but you know it really does sound like a better solution might be an alternative file browser that has built in support for this, as opposed to the default windows file explorer.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 12:18 PM »
so i looked at Instant Thumbnail (http://www.contextmagic.com/) which you said does what you want but isnt the program you are looking for..

i wonder how they do that - it may be super simple to write a similar app.

what exactly about Instant Thumbnail don't you like - besides the fact that it's not free of course.

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:36 PM »
Well, yeah...it's not free...and it's not worth 20 bucks US nor is there an option to buy software through Paypal.

It's buggy.

The trial has a big, ugly watermark.

And worst of all, the program has 0 options to choose & display image attributes (ie, dimensions, colour depth, resolution, how many frames in a gif file, etc.) I would have liked seeing that other than a huge waterwark saying trial all the time ;)

Also, I have and use regularily a context menu viewer...mPower Tools from ACDSee, the company notorious for ignoring their customers. Awesome software though.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.