ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Bugs 'n' suggestion

(1/12) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Just a few things I have noticed with version 1.2.6

(1) The confirm save on change option doesn't work properly.

Try this:

Select a region in an image and dim outside.

Now select another image.

The new image is loaded but the changed image is stored in the list without confirmation.

If you go back to the modified image you can't undo the changes either.

(2) ^Z for undoing changes doesn't seem to have the same effect as Edit >Undo

Undoing from the menu undoes the last process, but ^Z seems to undo a little of the last step. Try dimming an outside region again, and using both methods to undo.

Suggestion:

Grey out the Undo & Redo options in the Edit menu when there is nothing to undo or redo

Cheers

mouser:
graying undo menu, good idea, i will do it.

i'm having a hard time reproducing #1 and 2.

the one special effect that applies multiple steps is the grey+dim+blur option, that should undo in multiple steps.  but both ctrl+z and menu undo shouls have same effect.

as for #1 can you check to make sure that you have in options it set to confirm on save? it should not save changes without asking with that setting.

Carol Haynes:
Yes I have 'confirm on replace' set but I don't get a warning when I change thumbnails and any changes are saved.

The only time I get a warning about saving changes is if I click on the same thumbnail again.

Here is a sequence:

1) Click on thumbnail A
2) Select a region
3) Click on Grey inside
4) Click on thumbnail B (no warning given)
5) Click on thumbnail A (reloads with changes - can't undo now)

Re undo - maybe my eyes are playing games, but I find that 'grey on the outside' requires three ^Zs or three Edit>Undos to remove it, rather than a single click.

In preferences I have blur inside set to 3, outside to 1

mouser:
i followed your steps and i always get the confirmation dialog.
let me make sure you have the right option set properly to get confirmations:
you should have "Confirm on file replace" selected in the General Settings Tab.

as for 3 ctrl^z's to undo -
this should be the case for one and only one special effect, the one that says "Enhance selection - gray, dim, and blur outside",
since this is actually 3 operations.

mouser:
anyone else experiencing this issue where youve got the setting to "confirm on file replace" but its auto saving changes without asking for confirmation? i will test on some more computers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version