topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2018 Release: SubAHK  (Read 10176 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2018 Release: SubAHK
« on: January 01, 2018, 02:09 AM »
NANY 2018 Entry Information

Application Name SubAHK
Supported OSes Windows 7 (Probably works, but not tested, on Windows XP/Vista/8/10)
Web Page Website
Download Link Download
Author Jody Holmes (Skwire Empire)

Description
Subsonic desktop client. I’ve run my own personal Subsonic server for many years and make use of several different clients depending on platform. However, none have the sort of easy playlist manipulation I want, so I started writing SubAHK.

• To make use of SubAHK, you must run, or have access to, a fully licensed Subsonic server (or use one of the license-not-needed forks mentioned below). That said, please consider running the official Subsonic product and supporting its author with a paid Premium License.
  • SubAHK is not feature complete at this time. This release of SubAHK only has the playlist manipulation features I wanted. That is, currently, it doesn’t even support playback of files. I do plan to further develop SubAHK as time allows.
  • SubAHK makes use of the official Subsonic API. Therefore, I have no idea if it works with any of the Subsonic forks out there such as MadSonic, AirSonic, etc. If these forks support the official Subsonic API, they should work. No promises, though.

Screenshots

main.pngNANY 2018 Release: SubAHK

Usage
Installation
Download the zip file and extract its contents into a new folder.  Run SubAHK.exe and choose Options from the menu.  Enter your server credentials and off you go.

Uninstallation
Exit the application and delete the folder you unzipped it to.

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2018 Release: SubAHK
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Hi, Skwire - I just wanted to leave a comment on your thread to get rid of the "0 replies" in red letters next to your NANY entry...  Looks interesting, but I'm not even sure what a subsonic server is.  But I love it when people make things for the NANY, even if I never heard of the things they are doing.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 12:12 AM »
Hi, Skwire - I just wanted to leave a comment on your thread to get rid of the "0 replies" in red letters next to your NANY entry...  Looks interesting, but I'm not even sure what a subsonic server is.  But I love it when people make things for the NANY, even if I never heard of the things they are doing.

Hehehehe...thanks.  I knew SubAHK would be a niche application because it's a Subsonic-specific program so I didn't expect much in the way of replies.  Subsonic is a media streaming daemon that I use to stream my music collection to various clients (desktop, Android, iOS, etc.).  You can find out more at http://www.subsonic.org or you can check out the author's demo server at http://demo.subsonic.org/

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:20 AM »
I almost replied earlier, but thought my reply would be kind of pointless, so I decided not to.

I used to use Subsonic, and even purchased a license. I really liked it and it served me well. And I would certainly recommend it to others who are looking for something like it. But somewhere along the lines (probably a couple years ago by now) it didn't get reinstalled after I formatted my computer, and it seems I haven't missed it enough to reinstall it since then.

So this looks cool, and I'm happy it exists for Subsonic users. :Thmbsup: But at the moment I'm not one such user. :-[

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 07:27 AM »
I almost replied earlier, but thought my reply would be kind of pointless, so I decided not to.

I used to use Subsonic, and even purchased a license. I really liked it and it served me well. And I would certainly recommend it to others who are looking for something like it. But somewhere along the lines (probably a couple years ago by now) it didn't get reinstalled after I formatted my computer, and it seems I haven't missed it enough to reinstall it since then.

So this looks cool, and I'm happy it exists for Subsonic users. :Thmbsup: But at the moment I'm not one such user. :-[

I thought about it, but no way to install it on my NAS (linux box) and I got rid of my secondary Windows machine.  Looks interesting, and this looks an interesting addition to it.