ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (16/146) > >>

ajp:
I'm sure I keep an interesting script for this (right now I just right-click maximize to get 100% tall by 80% width window aligned to the left of the screen), but not at this computer. I'll look for it at home and bring it.

jgpaiva:
Ok... Here's gridmove beta4. This should be the last beta (i hope ;) ).
I applied the method i mentioned before, now it works like this:

If you drag a window using it's part that is closer to the caption (definable in WindowPercentage, i set it to 20% of the caption), the window is always snapped. Also, now both methods use the second gui overlay, as like this it's possible to use it.
If you drag a window using the rest of the caption, the script does nothing.

Also fixed:
The screensize problem, now the gui shows for all the screen in every computer (notice that if you have a dual-screen layout, you need to change it in the options at the beggining of the script's source).
Added commands to the Win+G hotkey:

* 'r' restarts the script
* 'e' exits the script
* 'mbutton' disables /enables the mbutton interaction
* 'm' maximizes / restores the active window
* any number of the grid moves the current window to that grid element.
* any number out of the grid minimizes the window.Fixed a small problem with the transparencies
Fixed the problem with the position of the triggers being a few pixels out.

This script still lacks lots of stuff (like decent options management), but at least now it's *almost* bug-free.

So... Tell me what you think about the new interaction.
.ahk Version
(it's now beta4, because beta3 was a test i made and didn't publish)

BTW... Anyone knows of a nice icon for this script?

jgpaiva:
@nudone: About your idea of having the window resize, maintaining it's width or height, i think i might have a way to do this. And it'd make much sense in this script. I'll try to make it work.

@kproth: Sorry for that bug, i think it's now fixed. Don't forget to set the ScreenHeight and ScreenWidth parameters right. (if you have 2 screens with different resolutions, set the parameters to the biggest height and biggest width).

nudone:
nice to see you coming back to the old gridmove, jgpaiva  :D

i can see that the transparency is working better but i'll have to make a few changes to the script i think - my screen does't really suit the current grid layout.

i like the idea of dragging the titled part of the title bar to initiate gridmove - my final use will be very basic (i think) so i don't think i'd even need the grid popping up, so if you can allow that to be disabled i'd appreciate that.

keep up the great work...

jgpaiva:
nice to see you coming back to the old gridmove, jgpaiva  :D
-nudone (July 01, 2006, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
Old? Nah! It's the best thing since sliced bread, i use it everyday, just haven't had much time to update it.

i can see that the transparency is working better but i'll have to make a few changes to the script i think - my screen does't really suit the current grid layout.
--- End quote ---
Notice that it might be a better idea to change the .ini file's grid, as you can use it throughout several versions, and you won't have to change the source everytime i update. (yes, i really should change the default grid, i also don't use it like that)

i like the idea of dragging the titled part of the title bar to initiate gridmove
--- End quote ---
Would you consider this the best way for the script to work?

my final use will be very basic (i think) so i don't think i'd even need the grid popping up, so if you can allow that to be disabled i'd appreciate that.
--- End quote ---
I hadn't thought of that, good point!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version