ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (15/146) > >>

kproth:
I think there's a very minor multi-monitor bug in here. I have two monitors, one landscape mode (1280x1024) and the othe portrait mode (1024x1280). Thus, my PC thinks my desktop is 1280+1024x1280, or 2304x1280. But the bottom left rectangle (1280x256) is "missing". Looks a bit like this:

--- ---  [---------------][----------]
  [               ][          ]
  [---------------][          ]
                   [          ]
                   [----------]

Your code for detecting the bottom and/or right edge of the screen (that sends LButton Up and snaps the window) won't allow a user in this situation to have a place at the bottom of the left-hand monitor for "dropping" windows. If it checks for MouseX >= 1280, you can't get that far down on the left monitor. If you check for MouseX >= 1024, it will prevent mouse drags in the bottom portion of the right monitor.

Is there any way to detect which monitor the mouse is in and behave differently in that situation?

nudone:
i can't really speak for how jgpaiva is creating the script but i think an auto detect screen size hasn't really been built into 'gridmove' so far.

i'm sure it will be a fully working function soonish.

jgpaiva:
Yep, nudone's right, that's something i didn't get to yet. But i'll add a way to configure it in the next version. Right now, that happens because i (stupidly) made it for my screen, which is 800pixels in height. Sorry about that, i'll fix it asap!

ajp:
Not quite the original idea (drag-based) but I've hand-made my desktop layouts using PowerPro. With this super-cool utility (it does way more than I´m willing to describe here), you can do things such as:

* Right click on maximize button: Resize/Move to x-y-width-height
* Control-right click on maximize: Resize/Move somewhere else
etc.In this way, I define my own area/behaviour in any posible way I can think of. I can also roll-up my window with a right click on the title bar and stuff like that. And don't get me started on menus, launch bars, virtual desks, global hot-keys, clipboard tracking... whew!

In a nutshell: those who are looking for a program that easily and specifically do the "desktop-zone-ing" stuff, don't look for PowerPro. But those of you who prefer to prefer hardcore full control, this is the place to go.

nudone:
we've had plenty of discussion on PowerPro before and it sounds like a fantastic macro type thingy.

i really haven't the time at the moment to dedicate myself to learning ANY macro/script util so i'm more than greatful for those that do.

ajp, how about posting your powerpro thing here for all to try out (and maybe modify). what you've described doesn't really sound like something i'd personally use - i really did have a specific method i wanted implementing when i made my original request - but i'm sure something as versatile as you've created would be appreciated by a great number of people.

it may even get a few more people interested in powerpro - i can't remember why autohotkey sort of took a hold around here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version