Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 02:43:22 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NANY 2012 Release: Reverse Dictionary / Thesaurus (for Android devices)  (Read 4937 times)
lotusrootstarch

People reckon I'll smash into Cody someday.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:20:59 PM »

NANY 2012 Entry Information

Application Name Reverse Dictionary (for Android devices)
Version1.0
Short Description Reverse Dictionary (also functions as a thesaurus) is a powerful word finder that lets you describe an idea/concept and get back a list of words and phrases related to that concept!!
Supported OSes Android OS 2.1 or later
Setup File Visit Android Market or Direct download from SlideME.org
Setup (QR Code)
System RequirementsAndroid OS 2.1 or later
Official DescriptionReverse Dictionary (also functions as a thesaurus) is a powerful word finder that lets you describe an idea/concept and get back a list of words and phrases related to that concept!!

Your description can be a few words, a sentence, a question, or even just a single word. Just type it into the box above and hit the "Search" button. Keep it short to get the best results. In most cases you'll get back a list of related terms with the best matches shown first.

1. Find a word if you know its definition
Example searches: barrel maker, museum guide, search for food, urge to travel, being tried twice for the same crime, when cancer spreads through the body

2. Explore related concepts
Example searches: baseball, clouds, twisty, push

3. Generate a list of words in some category
Example searches: large birds, green fruit, Canadian authors, red wine

4. Answer basic identification questions
Example searches: What is the capital of Vietnam? Who is Big Bird's friend on Sesame Street? What is the longest river in the world?

Note: This app will show a small harmless Ad at the bottom of the screen if your mobile device is connected to the network.
InstallationVisit the app page on Android Market to install.
Using the applicationA fairly straightforward application. Remember to long-click on a quote item to enable additional features. Click on the Menu Key on your device to see Usage Tips.
UninstallingStandard Android uninstallation process
Known IssuesNo known issues at the moment.
Screenshots

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:26:32 PM by lotusrootstarch » Logged

Get my apps in Android Market! Go droids go! smiley

kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer

while(! dead_horse){beat}

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:40 PM »

Nice work, Lotus!  thumbs up

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:49:44 AM »

Ooo, this looks very useful! Downloading now... Thanks!

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 07:44:49 AM »

Good to se that you're in, lotusrootstarch. That looks appealing!

Chris
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 08:58:25 AM »

It's really fun to use thumbs up

lotusrootstarch

People reckon I'll smash into Cody someday.

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 09:02:43 AM »

Thanks guys! Feel free to post feedback and make suggestions here so I can improve the app. cheesy

Get my apps in Android Market! Go droids go! smiley

miva2
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 04:51:28 AM »

Looks interesting!
Might be useful for someone like me who has a BAD memory tongue

i'll try it out when i get my new phone! thumbs up
CWuestefeld
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 10:27:45 AM »

That looks interesting, I've queued it for download to my Droid.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0.17 ]