ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BlueScreenView by NirSoft - find driver causing blue screen

(1/5) > >>

tomos:
BlueScreenView

It that was the message [IRQ_LESS_OR_EQUAL...] it is more than likely a faulty driver.

If you want to track down past BSODs try http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html which allows you to look at past BSODs and lists the drivers involved.

I have found this incredibly useful for troubleshooting.
-Carol Haynes (October 02, 2009, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

sajman99:
Thanks, I've had this for a few weeks and agree it's yet another Nirsoft gem-- unbelievably useful tool.

40hz:
0×0000000A: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Usually a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt Request Level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have a IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.

This stop error,IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, is probably the most common stop error experienced from users. Basically a device driver was reading or writing a memory address that is either not assigned to the device driver to use or , as you will see, is no longer available.
--- End quote ---

Likely caused by an installed driver belonging to a device you since have removed from your system or faulty RAM. Most likely hardware: NICs and memory modules. NICs can include virtual machine network interfaces.

Carol Haynes:
I have experienced this error in the past with faulty RAM, out of date video and audio drivers and Netgear WiFi drivers.

Curt:
I had five Blue Screens, in September!!!!! Thanks to NirSofer's little gem I have now removed AimerSoft Music Converter (with a DRM-removing driver) and Ashampoo Burning Studio 9.12. Time will show if this was the proper solution, but because I tend to suspect AimerSoft, (they don't use a driver of their own, but a previous version of another company's driver), I am already planning to (re-)install (the next version of) Burning Studio 9.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version