ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

INfix: easy, capable, but expensive WordPad-like PDF editor

<< < (8/12) > >>

tomos:
Just out of curiosity, how does the standard version compare to the Professional?  What additional items does Pro offer, or haven't you tested that one?
-steeladept (May 28, 2009, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was trying to figure out the same earlier today - the site is very poor in terms of info - for a change it took  me an age to find the link to prices/buy

There are two editions of software - Standard and Professional, both offering the same sophisticated text editing but with different levels of additional features such as graphics editing and template generation for Infix Server (our server-based editing solution).

Additional features offered by Infix Pro:
tick    Search & Replace across batches of documents
tick    Advanced, auto-text fitting
tick    Template creation for Infix Server
--- End quote ---

that's all I found . .

Curt:
Coming up on BitsDuJour is a PDF editor called e-PDF: http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/e-pdf/
-mwb1100 (May 28, 2009, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

- I don't think it can edit the pdf's original text, only add new text.

superboyac:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but it reminded me of another thread I started (no replies :():
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17926.0

Anyway, for under $200 you get a full featured PDF editor.  It's not as simple and fast as Infix for plain text stuff, but overall, it is probably the greatest PDF editor on earth.  If you do a lot of editing on PDF's that is not just text, but a bunch of other things, this is the program to get.  I love this program, it is amazing.  And nobody EVER talks about it!  That's why i'm such a fanboy here for it.

But Infix is pretty cool.  Very fast, very simple.  And yes, I LOVE the approach it takes for text editing in PDF's.  And I've never heard about it before!  Man, these PDF editors just come out of nowhere!

rjbull:
. . but I wasn't going to pay so much over the odds just because I live in the UK.  It's a connected world now, and Nuance and other vendors will have to accept that.  I bought a license for Able2Extract instead.
-rjbull (May 28, 2009, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

you should let them know so they might change their ways . . -tomos (May 28, 2009, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I e-mailed Nuance.  They didn't reply.   >:(

tomos:
. . but I wasn't going to pay so much over the odds just because I live in the UK.  It's a connected world now, and Nuance and other vendors will have to accept that.  I bought a license for Able2Extract instead.
-rjbull (May 28, 2009, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

you should let them know so they might change their ways . . -tomos (May 28, 2009, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
I e-mailed Nuance.  They didn't reply.   >:(
-rjbull (May 29, 2009, 04:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

good on you :Thmbsup:
not so good on them . . and at least you had the choice of a similar product (hopefully equally good or better)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version