ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

When was your last BSOD? I'm betting it was a long time ago

<< < (9/9)

nosh:
I like to think I have a stable system even though it BSOD's on me once in a while.

There's one that occurs at boot - something to do for a "the system encountering a wait or yield procedure" (if memory serves right), it's been narrowed down to Acronis and it's something I can live with since I reboot very infrequently and never lose data to it. I just restart and wait for the console text to go blood red... a good sign, since it invariable bypasses the BSOD then.

I've got them on every occasion I've tried the DC traffic analysis utility - something to do with the winpcap(?) driver, not blaming the DC utility. :P

And I got me last one when I tried one of the ramdrive apps recommended in the "make FF load faster" thread.

The rare ones that occur when I haven't installed anything new are almost always due to overheating. These I hate, coz it means I have to get off my ass and disconnect everything, lug the PC to an open space and go to work on it with a blower, lug it back, reconnect... ugh! It's so much simpler just clicking uninstall.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version