ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

silly humor - post 'em here! [warning some NSFW and adult content]

<< < (542/1232) > >>

crabby3:
...I view myself as one of the most basic, novice-computer-users there are but had no difficulty finding/using my License Key.
Mine was emailed w/ very easy to follow directions.  Maybe these steps weren't explained as well earlier?
p.s.  Wasn't meant to be sarcastic... just *silly humor*  ;D
-crabby3 (March 17, 2014, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh! Did you create that image? If so, then the sarcasm was clearly unintentional, but I saw it as dripping with suppressed sarcasm - the unmissably huge size of the key being the main thing. I mean, how could one miss it? I am always puzzled by those angry comments that complain about it.
If you did create that image, then nicely done by the way.    :Thmbsup:
-IainB (March 17, 2014, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not my art.  I just added the DC address.  The huge key was directly related to my License Key size... which is literally around 5 feet long.  ;D
If it gets longer, with each new member, it must be about 6 or 7 feet by now.

Deozaan:
Came across this comment today:
as he and the outfit he is in theory tasked to oversee on behalf of licence fee payers are oilier than a Turkish Wrestler.

--- End quote ---
I just love the alliteration highlighted.-https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16974.msg351419#msg351419
--- End quote ---

One question concerning this confusing conundrum: Where's the alleged alliteration at?

tomos:
[...] alleged alliteration at?
-Deozaan (March 18, 2014, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

well I dont know was that intentional, (I suspect it was), but I enjoyed it anyway :-)

edit// I see Wikipedia defines it as:

Alliteration is the repetition of the same sounds or of the same kinds of sounds at the beginning of words or in stressed syllables of an English language phrase
--- End quote ---
(my emphasis)

I always thought it was just the initial letters in the words.

IainB:
Came across this comment today:
as he and the outfit he is in theory tasked to oversee on behalf of licence fee payers are oilier than a Turkish Wrestler.

--- End quote ---
I just love the alliteration highlighted.-https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16974.msg351419#msg351419
--- End quote ---
One question concerning this confusing conundrum: Where's the alleged alliteration at?
-Deozaan (March 18, 2014, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry for any confusion. Finger trouble. I don't know how "alliteration" got in there. I was in a hurry to answer the phone, and hit the "Post" button before answering the phone. I had meant to type "allusion to slippery customers".
It's at the link I gave: http://www.news-watch.co.uk/node/216
 - it's in the comments below the post at that link.
(Shall go back and correct my mistuk now.)

crabby3:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version