ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (157/192) > >>

Tuxman:
There is a Firefox Developer Edition without the addon signing enforcement available. We reviewers were told to use that one in the future. Sigh.

MilesAhead:
Does anyone use SearchWith

I don't quite understand how to manipulate the configuration.  If I SearchWith Web then it just seems to do a Google search.  I don't see the "each engine results in its own tab" that the author talks about.  Maybe it is too easy and therefore over my head.  I'm a bit baffled I must say.   :-[

Edit:  Ok.  I get it.  If other than the default engine for the category is desired one is supposed to press Shift yadda yadda.  Not a bad AddOn.

Curt:
^several addons can offer just that. What I expect will make SearchWith better than the others, is the option to have it put quote marks around the marked words.

SearchWith encourages a simple context sub-menu by allowing one search engine per search service.

Hold down SHIFT key while selecting any of the search options to edit the selected text or to change the search engine associated with it.

Hold down CTRL key to quote ("") the selected text

Find more information on http://searchwith.mozdev.org
--- End quote ---

Thanks for informing, MilesAhead, I'm going to install SearchWith right away!

-----------

@Tuxman,
Is it easy / difficult / impossible to run Developer Edition as if it was a normal Firefox?

Right now the Developer Edition is version 45.0a2 while the normal fox is at version 43.0.4. Are the D.E. users allowed to "not update"?

Tuxman:
Well, the D.E. is pretty much an "unbranded Firefox", so the usual ways to deny Firefox's automatic upgrades will probably work here too.

holt:
I have the newest version of FF, and I don't like the layout; the forward, back, stop, home, and other buttons are all not where I'm used to; how can I get back a more classic look & layout? I'm interested in either an add-on, or earlier FF version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version