First idea: further develop my idea from http://www.donationc.../index.php?topic=934
- with these features:
- to take the load off of the ShoutCast servers, make it somehow P2P
so that users exchange the "now playing" stream data and not every user needs to load the same streams. This would also allow to update the stream info more often.
- add great ideas like skrommel's "change to stream
if title contains foo*bar*title*" idea
- add something like Amazon's lovely "Customers who bought this book also bought" idea, like "User who watch what you watch also watch..." to help users to discover new streams
based on their interest - many LOVE feature like this!
- add a simple, unobtrusive messaging option
so one could talk to other users with the same taste to discuss stations, ideas, whatever
- add options like "always on top", "always on top until another program runs in full-screen mode" (video players or image viewers), etc.
In the long run, you could even add a sophisticated ripping option ("rip all" or "rip 160 MB" or "rip for 4 hours" or "rip if stream title contains foo*bar*title*"; this is legal AFAIK) and make this THE
add-on program for every Winamp listener! Imagine how much publicity this could bring to the DC site!
Completely unrelated but a new idea too:
Programming Contests Coming Soon.. Suggestions?