Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 28, 2014, 05:17:57 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MyUninstaller  (Read 4702 times)
Cuffy
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 21, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »

"MyUninstaller is an alternative utility to the standard Add/Remove applet of Windows operating system. It displays the list of all installed application, and allows you to uninstall an application, delete an uninstall entry, and save the list of all installed applications into a text file or HTML file.

MyUninstaller also provides additional information for most installed applications that the standard Add/Remove applet doesn't display: product name, company, version, uninstall string, installation folder and more."

Anybody have any experience with this?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Admin Tools | MyUninstaller 1.38 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: Nirsoft       http://majorgeeks.com/dow...0b2c887f64e549b47fb748162
Date: 2008-02-21
Size: 41.9 KB
License: Freeware
Requires: Win All
Downloaded: 185 Times

Scan Computer for Driver Updates   Free Downloads From
 Author's Site
 MajorGeeks TX - |USA|
 MajorGeeks TX - |USA|
 MajorGeeks FL - |USA|
 MajorGeeks FL - |USA|
 Internode - |Australia|

TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »

I use it. Like every other nirsoft utility, it's excellent! Much preferable over the default Windows uninstaller dialog, IMO.
Cuffy
Participant

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »

That's good to know, Thanks!  smiley

This would also be a good time to ask a stupid questions. One of a gaggle of questions that I maintain in my repertoire for just such occassions.   Cool

Over the years I have wondered if it is possible to run an uninstall string outside the Add/Remove applet or the uninstall supplied by the application. There have been times when uninstall wouldn't work and yet the uninstall string in the registry appears to be perfectly valid. So close and yet so far! Any ideas?  huh

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »

search is your friend.  myuninstaller has been mentioned on dc several times:
http://www.donationcoder....rch2;search=myuninstaller
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 03:49:08 PM »

I used to have MyUninstaller, but I prefer Revo Uninstaller and PromptUninstall

- together with Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum 2
PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 06:12:38 PM »

I prefer Revo Uninstaller and PromptUninstall

Is it the one from SpeedApps? The one you tagged as a rip-off?
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »

i have MyUninstaller but nowadays i mainly use FarrUninstall plugin. Thmbsup

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 10:13:20 PM »

i have MyUninstaller but nowadays i mainly use FarrUninstall plugin. Thmbsup
Yep, FarrUninstall is great!! cheesy

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 09:56:09 AM »

I prefer Revo Uninstaller and PromptUninstall
Is it the one from SpeedApps? The one you tagged as a rip-off?

Yes, but I choosed to forget about it, because I've not yet found any others quite like it. But I am of course shameful that I now have sort of advocated a rip-off, by telling that I still am using it, and I promise I will mention it no more!  embarassed
majoMO
Participant

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 04:29:57 PM »

Over the years I have wondered if it is possible to run an uninstall string outside the Add/Remove applet or the uninstall supplied by the application. There have been times when uninstall wouldn't work and yet the uninstall string in the registry appears to be perfectly valid. So close and yet so far! Any ideas?  huh

It seems that isn't easy. It's why some developers need to do additionals uninstallers, like Nero, Adobe and Norton to help users find a more effective uninstallation.

An uninstaller can do what the uninstall info allows barely.

It's why I use ZSoft Uninstaller to entirely uninstall a application: with it analysed log the user can to do that.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 05:35:47 PM »

... I use ZSoft Uninstaller to entirely uninstall a application ...

Hmm... Inside the ZSoft Uninstaller 2.4.1's GUI, I db'clicked the name of a listed program, expecting to see some app's info pop up, but without further notification or any questons asked, the concerned program was uninstalled! Wow! Beware!!
majoMO
Participant

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 12:19:47 PM »

Strange... When in ZSoft is selected to uninstall (double click/uninstall button/right click context menu) the application'uninstaller comes out; here the user choose if want (or not) to do the uninstallation. Without annoyances.

Exactly like MyUninstaller e.g. (uninstall button/right click context menu).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.05 ]