ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (161/235) > >>

PPLandry:
@superboyac,

You wrote in another thread:
>I predict that I will eventually move all of my contacts into SQLNotes.

Anything special missing right now (other than time?)

You can create as many contact fields as required, there is a dialer (which looks into parents to find #'s), e-mailer and custom forms.
Would a customizable cardview be the deciding thing ?
such as:
[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb],
or:
[attachthumb=#2][/attachthumb]

J-Mac:
Well, as SQLNotes has been progressing and I read that it has matured a bit as an application I decided to try it one more time. Installation (Full) seemed to go fine. I restarted and then just left it alone - that was this morning and I had other things to get done today.  Tonight I opened the program and while it looks a little different it still doesn't work here!

Different issues completely this time:  I cannot do anything at all with the program once it is opened.  If I click on the New Grid... icon or select File>New from the menubar, all I get is "Warning 1: cmdbar......." in the bottom status bar.  That stays on there for about 30 seconds and then disappears - nothing I do wipes it off earlier than that. For some clicks on the words down the left side - like Search, Mantis, etc. - I get that same "Warning 1:" message; for others I get "Error 3:..." and that hangs around for about 30 seconds also. After cycling through these for a short time the entire application suddenly locks up and the sqlnotes process burns 50% of my CPU, which is certainly not acceptable.

This computer is running on Windows XP SP2, fully patched, and the OS was recently reinstalled in mid-February so the machine is fairly fresh. Has anyone seen this before?

BTW, this just doesn't seem to be a match made in Heaven!!

Jim

PPLandry:
OK, try these steps:

1- Open SN
2- File>New. give it a name
3- Open the Welcome Grid (View>Grids>Welcome) or toolbar. Does it work?
4- If yes, now do Create Grid (View>Grids>New Grid, a grid is like a sheet in Excel). Give it a name. Do you get a blank notepad ready to start writing?

(BTW, if you did not install the latest build, there was an issue with creating a grid before opening a database. This is now fixed)

Hope this helps. Keep me posted.

kartal:
PPLandry, are you planning to implement native thunderbird-outlook express contacts import export?

PPLandry:
PPLandry, are you planning to implement native thunderbird-outlook express contacts import export?
-kartal (March 22, 2008, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
- You can use CVS format to do it right now
- I don't see why not, given some time
- Also, as shown in Mantis (http://mantis.sqlnotes.net/view.php?id=40), an API will be published. This will allow for add-ons
- Finally, Microsoft Sync Framework has just entered CTP2. It may be the channel I'll use for syncing with other apps and devices. Too soon to tell, but I'm following it closely. Demo is impressive http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/bb821992.aspx (there was a video at one point, but I can't find it now: Demo showed it could sync contacts between Outlook, Vista contacts, Hotmail, PDA)

[edit] Does Thunderbird use the new SQLite database storage that some FF apps have started to use? If yes, it should be trivial to import it. SN can pull bibliographical info from Zotero this way...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version