ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (111/235) > >>

tomos:
OK
in Duration field:-
I notice "Value=>sub-items" is NOT selected - it was previously-
I didnt even check this because other projects are currently showing total of sub-items in Duration field :tellme:
(just double-checked that)

Could this be something to do with the Non-Billable and Duration fields
I havent been filling in the non-billable field, but started messing with it lately - didnt change any settings though
Duration field equation is: 

--- ---WorkTime( StartDate , EndDate , 8) - ( NonBillable )
THe Ardfert project reacts as expected to estimates sub-item - i.e. adding duration to project duration
but doesnt respond at all to the other sub-item (Work done)

Meanwhile in another project (same grid - Billing - source set to project)
it shows duration of sub-items but doesnt respond to non-billable

Now I change it to "Value=>sub-items" selected
I'm afraid nothing really changes - the Ardfert project now reacts to nothing in terms of Duration field :(
weird things going on here :huh:
I reckon either I've broke something or there's a bug in here somewhere ...

PPLandry:
@tomos,

This is getting hard to follow  :-[

Project is a text field, it lets you enter what project it is related to. You probably what inheritance set for this field (to ease pivot tables) Field properties: values->subs checked

I was proposing to create a yes/no field, called projects which would contain all active projects. You would check that field for each of your projects and then set the grid source to this field.

>it still isnt showing the Duration of subitems
You need to change a sub-item to have force a column-level calc. (i.e. recalculate the parent)

>In Duration field:- I notice "Value=>sub-items" is NOT selected
This should not be checked (this is inheritance) since you want parents=sum(children)

>Could this be something to do with the Non-Billable and Duration fields
No, equations are set-up so that empty field are ignored
Non-billable simply changes the EndDate time. i.e. if startDate is 09h00 and you've worked 6 hours + 2 hours non-billable, then EndDate will be 17h00

>If column calc is not working as expected, make sure that items do not have 2 or more parents

Best is if you can send me the file and I can phone you to work it through.

tomos:
This is getting hard to follow  :-[
-PPLandry (February 11, 2008, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

tell me about it ;D will send you the file..

superboyac:
small bug alert (I think):
In the Grid menu, the options for "hierarchy" and "Context parents" are always shown as off.  I thought that before if you selected it, it would turn on/off meaning you can see a box around it if it was on.  I can't tell if it's on or off now.

I'll try using Mantis later, I'm not registered yet.

PPLandry:
Are you using the latest build?

In fixing the CPU utilisation bug (idle was using from 5-10%, now 0%), this was an unfortunate consequence. It is fixed in the latest build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version