DonationCoder.com doesn't run ads, we don't sell our mailing list or user data, and we don't bundle any unwanted junk or toolbars with our software. We can continue to do that because of the generous donations of people just like you.
Make a donation now to let us know you support the work we are doing.
Or check out our latest newsletter to see what the fuss is all about.
Or discuss the fundraiser on our forum here.
First things first, our goals in asking for your support.
- First things first. Our goal is to raise at least $4,800 this April to pay for the next year of web hosting costs on our brand new servers. If we can raise substantially more we'll get a chance to pursue some exciting new projects -- like funding members on our forum to write regular columns about different areas of the tech landscape (software, hardware, open source, kickstarter, etc.).
- It's been 3 years since our last fundraiser, and 13 years since we started DonationCoder.com. If you've already made a donation to the site in the last year or so -- thank you! You've done your part and we appreciate you. We hope you'll take the time to tell us what kinds of things that you'd like to see more of here.
- If you've never donated to the site, or you feel like we've earned (or have the potential to earn) a second donation from you, then there's never been a better time to make a donation and show us that you appreciate all of the hard work we've done, particularly in the last year.
- For 13 years we've been releasing software that's completely free of ads, toolbars, and other bundled junkware. We serve no other interests than our users, and we've been able to do that only because of the support from people just like you.
- Click here to make a donation now and show your support for our site.
- Donate any amount during the fundraiser and you'll receive a lifetime license key for all of the software we make, like our award winning Screenshot Captor and other power-user tools.
What if you don't have the financial means to support us? That's ok, there are of other ways you can help us.
- Tell your friends about us on facebook, twitter, youtube, review sites, etc. We don't do any advertising so the only way people learn about us is through word of mouth.
- Join our forum and participate in our conversations and community. Even if it's just to ask questions, it makes the forum a more enjoyable place to have more people participating. Share a bit of your life with us.
- Leave a testimonial about our site. It may help someone else decide to donate if they read what you say.
- Send us a postcard (or chocolate or art) from a far away land.
- Remember us if you ever become wealthy. We'll be here and we made a little chart for you to show you how much you might consider donating when you win the lottery.
- Read our FAQ pages. We went to so much trouble to write them and try to make them funny, and it makes us sad that no one ever reads them.
- Sign up to our mailing list to receive our occasional newsletters that round-up the best topics on our forum.
- If you are a programmer, stop by the coding snacks board on our forum or participate in our annual famous New Apps for the New Year (NANY) programming challenge and win yourself a DonationCoder mug.
Discounts and Giveaways: Our way of saying thank you.
- Some members on the forum thought it would be a good idea to round up some software discounts, and they have really come through. We have secured discounts on dozens of software programs throughout the month of April. They are available to anyone who signs up to our newsletter. You can check out the discounts: here.
- In addition to the discounts, we've managed to convince these companies (and a few more) to donate copies of their software (several thousand dollars worth) for us to giveaway in a drawing on April 9th. The only catch is that while anyone can enter the giveaway, preference will be given to supporting/donating members (note that it doesn't matter how much you donate or whether you donated 10 years ago, or next week). The giveaway drawing is now over and all prizes sent out.
But what else have you got?
- We've been very busy over the last year.. Some of you may not realize that in addition to releasing our own highly-regarded software tools (see here), DonationCoder is the home of a very active discussion forum and community. A great way to see what we've been up to and what we have to offer you is to check out our latest newsletter, which has just been published. It rounds up the most interesting developments on the site and discussions on our forum. You can read it online: here.
- Or if you have a few hours and want to read a long behind-the-scenes article on the complete overhaul of the website over the last year, see my article: here.