ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Direct Access - text expander and application launcher (and much more)

<< < (5/12) > >>

msteph:
This is a terrific program - I use it to launch several programs and various websites daily as well as fill in log in information at some sites (email etc.)

If a person needed boilerplate text this would be great for that too.

And the price was perfect - I got it free when it was featured on Giveaway of the Day a couple of months ago.

That said, this is such a useful, well-done program that I'd almost certainly pay for it if necessary.  There aren't a lot of programs I'd say that about!

sri:
I read a very handy tip today on the program's blog: Set two dots as suffix for your abbreviation and uncheck Confirmation box. That way when you type the abbreviation and put a couple of dots at the end, it gets triggered. Much easier than pressing a shift or F12 key for example.

Personally, I think a single dot is even better and easier.

justice:
I used to use the ` character but now am used to TAB. However what's cool is that you can strip these characters from the abbreviation from your custom system to one of the keys integrated into DA.

sri:
... However what's cool is that you can strip these characters from the abbreviation from your custom system to one of the keys integrated into DA.
-justice (October 11, 2007, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Say what? :tellme:

justice:
say you've set up all your abbreviations to end in double dots (..) without confirmation, but now you want to change them to get launched by pressing TAB, or shift or any of the other keys Supported by direct access.
That's possible via COMMAND -> CHANGE ABBREVIATION PREFIX/ SUFFIX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version