ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (14/119) > >>

OldElmerFudd:
Okay, okay...
Dopus because of all the boxes I maintain. Still, Ztree Gold is on each one. (I loved XTree gold: so  clean, so easy. Shoot me!)
There's a freeware approximation of X/ZTree for WinXP (dunno 'bout other OS)
http://go.to/filextreme

hth
OEF

longrun:
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try FNO when it was mentioned quite a while back. The notes capability is ok, but I didn't like it nearly as much as PowerDesk as a file manager so I stayed with PowerDesk.

One of the few things I like about Vista is the way you can view and search on comments on files, but this wasn't enough to get me to select Vista instead of XP on my new notebook.

azza:
I use Windows Explorer with quite a few addon's to give me the functionality I need.
FolderView to provide 1 click access to my most used folders.
QTTabBar to give tabbed explorer windows.
QTBreadCrumbs address bar to give a much more usable address bar.

I have tried lots of other File Browsers but always missed features from Windows Explorer, hence why I have stuck with a modified Windows Explorer.

Looks like this:

ralphm:
I'm a proud user of XYplorer for years and I'm still impressed about the great user support - actually the best I've ever encountered.
Furthermore it's a great piece of software and it gets even better almost daily.

Curt:
It is good to see so many different people posting at this thread   :up:

I am kind of giving up on XYplorer. Not because it is bad - it is quite good - but because XP's Explorer is so much better. I trialed Dopus, but will not miss it. All you Dopus fan should follow the recommendation from azza and others and try out your standard Explorer, and amplify it with Quizo, for one. Well, let me stay with "for one", because I really shouldn't begin a list of addons for Explorer, should I; such a list will be almost endless. I have so many apps for Explorer that every week I disable some of them, in order to test some of the others. I can see no reason to settle with Dopus - except maybe for the dual pane, but I have others for that feature. One of them, a dual pane file manager, I found only today: the gratis Commander, by MeeSoft. It is certainly no replacement for Explorer, because this is truly a FILE manager (and picture viewer, CMYK included), not a Path Finder! Not even close!! But when you are inside the right folder, and all you need is a file manager, then this little Commander is surprisingly well equipped!  :up:

MeeSoft Commander: http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/ 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version