ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (114/119) > >>

MilesAhead:
ctrl-z is your friend. It's a do-over without having to look for anything.
--- End quote ---

Cheating.  Too easy.  :)

To me it's an unnatural motion.  Besides, I don't see the big deal to make it dual pane.  Windows doesn't charge double.  :)

Innuendo:
Unfortunately the FreeCommanderXE seems like it will never have all the features implemented like
file Renamer and FTP client.  I'm hobbling along with Explorer until I find something similar to the old FC.
-MilesAhead (November 04, 2014, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Try Total Commander, Miles. It can be dual or single pane with or without tabs. It has a deceptively simple appearing appearance, but has a lot of power under the hood. It's shareware, but you cannot beat the price.

MilesAhead:
Unfortunately the FreeCommanderXE seems like it will never have all the features implemented like
file Renamer and FTP client.  I'm hobbling along with Explorer until I find something similar to the old FC.
-MilesAhead (November 04, 2014, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Try Total Commander, Miles. It can be dual or single pane with or without tabs. It has a deceptively simple appearing appearance, but has a lot of power under the hood. It's shareware, but you cannot beat the price.

-Innuendo (November 09, 2014, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok.  I'll take a look.  :)

Innuendo:
Ok.  I'll take a look.  :)-MilesAhead (November 09, 2014, 10:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

While you are looking, keep in mind that everything you see can be changed if you don't like it...even the pull-down menus. If there's functionality you need, but can't seem to find in the program chances are there's a plugin that will do what you need. There are a few Total Commander users here on DC and we'll be glad to help you out.

Tuxman:
Total Commander would need less advertising if it looked better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version