ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (95/119) > >>

Tuxman:
Good old Germany, where software patents are illegal.  :P

TaoPhoenix:
Good old Germany, where software patents are illegal.  :P
-Tuxman (October 22, 2012, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

All hail our German Overlords! You have won a CD single of a Roland Kaiser Song! :P

However I *did* say that I was talking Copyright and not Patent. The source code of a program is definitely copyrighted to some extent. (Does Germany have the same Instant-Protection or do you have to register it?)

IP is such a mess. :(

Tuxman:
Germany has something similar to a "copyright" to some extent. Once you have created something, you will always be its creator.

But only the creator! This does not mean that others will have to ask you for your permission to do anything unless your chosen license enforces that. (Licenses that can't be read before the installation of a software are invalid here, so actually we didn't even have to obey the Microsoft EULA for a couple of years.) My work is never "copyrighted" in terms of © - everyone has the right to copy it. :)

You are right, we're not talking about patents here. I just wanted to add this so you become jealous. Did it work?

tomos:
To fully disclose:
I have created this application as I was not satisfied with current solutions, I am doing another job half time and using this application every day in work ...-ivanii (October 22, 2012, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

there's also the Announce Your Software/Service/Product section.
Generally here, being a creator is something positive :up:

ivanii:
The problem is that "Find" is the favorite word used by SEO people, who pretend to be ordinary users, then turn out to have a vested interest.

Just any of the "wrote/created" type words is fine.
-TaoPhoenix (October 22, 2012, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
I fully agree with last one. And that's wording I used on some other sites. Again if anyone thinks that this is off-topic, I will delete post. From my point of view, I am the passionate user of this application, and though I have conflict of interest that I am also creator, I don't think that I cannot say that, people may try it and some may like it, some may not.

And also, I haven't posted any links to third party sites, someone else did it after me, hopefully he will reply here. Though I don't think that Softpedia is obscure site, that is wrong information, actually it is one of top 5 download sites... I am unsure if any site other than download.com is more popular.

If you are suspicious, I am not affiliated with Softpedia in any possible way except that Desk & Archive is listed there, as it is on many other download sites :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version