ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (94/119) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Oh, I randomly find my software on obscure third-party websites too.
-Tuxman (October 22, 2012, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh no, that's called "Discovering Copyright Infringement".  :)  I'd be more nervous if those sites have programs that *claim* that you wrote them and you have never heard of them before!  :o

Tuxman:
Not unless it is actually copyrighted.

TaoPhoenix:
Not unless it is actually copyrighted.
-Tuxman (October 22, 2012, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is. All works of any kind (sufficiently creative, etc etc) are copyrighted from the sub-picosecond of their existence (in the US and the signatory countries of the related treaties.) So yes, it's copyrighted. That automatic copyright is a big part of the fuel of my copyright-reform rants.

Tuxman:
Actually it is not. The number of fucks I give concerning US-American laws equals a number smaller than or equal to 0.
And I am pretty sure that neither the GPL nor the BSD license (or, randomly, the WTFPL) are actual copyright licenses.

TaoPhoenix:
Actually it is not. The number of fucks I give concerning US-American laws equals a number smaller than or equal to 0.
And I am pretty sure that neither the GPL nor the BSD license (or, randomly, the WTFPL) are actual copyright licenses.
-Tuxman (October 22, 2012, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

In your country, you may be right, creating an apples and cantaloupe situation. Where are you based out of?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version