ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (89/119) > >>

MilesAhead:
Now that I've switched to Windows 7, I'm finding Windows Explorer much improved!  ;D
-CleverCat (August 12, 2010, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

In XP and Vista pre SP1 I was using lots of file copy tools like TeraCopy and KillCopy. Esp. with Vista64 SP1 I notice the regular shell drag & drop copy honks.  Granted the stats shown under more info are inflated, but if you time it with a multigig file to get the real speed it seems to rival the copy apps, at least for large video transfers. My Windows Seven machine is 32 bit with only 1/4 the ram and a slower HD. Comparisons would be meaningless in that case.  Even so, I don't feel the need to use the copy tools anymore.  I mainly use file managers if I'm going to run a bunch of apps on the files. I have FreeCommander set up with stuff like MediaInfo, AviDemux, several video players and subtitle tools etc..

Perry Mowbray:
I was using NexusFile at work but the antivirus started complaining about it, so I'm giving Cubic Explorer a spin: I'm trying to get used to a single pane in multiple tabs...
-Perry Mowbray (August 12, 2010, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm enjoying CubicExplorer so much that I'm using it at home now too...  :Thmbsup:

Curt:
CubicExplorer 0.92 is a simple but stable version of UltimateExplorer (mustangpeak). CE's author already has announced that version 2 will be written in a different language, and maybe with a different license. So, even though CubicExplorer 1 is very good, the present version seems to have a limited future. Of course the author's plan is to make version 2 even better ;-) but also quite different.

Perry Mowbray:
Thanks Curt. I'd tried UE and did see a similarity, but the feel of CE was a lot more snappy than UE  ;)

Tuxman:
Yep, UE is sluggish ...

CE has some weird GUI issues, though, like losing the alignment settings sometimes.
Following its development anyway.

:Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version