ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (88/119) > >>

CleverCat:
Now that I've switched to Windows 7, I'm finding Windows Explorer much improved!  ;D

Perry Mowbray:
I was using NexusFile at work but the antivirus started complaining about it, so I'm giving Cubic Explorer a spin: I'm trying to get used to a single pane in multiple tabs...

Darwin:
I was using NexusFile at work but the antivirus started complaining about it-Perry Mowbray (August 12, 2010, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just tried to visit the website to "check it out" and VIPRE's firewall threw up this warning

VIPRE has determined that the site

you are trying to visit is malicious.

--- End quote ---

I bet this is a false-positive, though. I've had a number of websites/programs get incorrectly flagged by various different security apps in the past for reasons unknown. IOW, I doubt that the developer suddenly decided to start distributing viri or worms, etc.

Perry Mowbray:
OK that's weird Darwin... Maybe it stems from the same issue that caused my work's antivirus to complain  :-\  I'd say so... Shame: I'd got quite used to the application and it's got quite a few bells and whistles.

Darwin:
What I've done in the past, Perry, is contact both the author/webmaster and the AV company and let them sort it out. The author/webmaster is usually quite motivated to do just that and, if they are indeed on the up and up, the AV company usually removes the app/website from their definitions. Of course, this isn't a quick process, but it is usually resolved within a week or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version