ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (85/119) > >>

4wd:
Otherwise, freecommander will let you Rename/Add/Delete/Quickview files within ZIP archives.
-4wd (July 19, 2010, 02:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
And extract as well, I suppose?
-DonL (July 19, 2010, 03:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
eerrrr, yes....knew I forgot something  :-[

twinkler:
Powerdesk 6

j_hallgren:
To add to my dismay, when I brought this up in the XYplorer forum, DonL made it clear that he doesn't think this is an important feature to add, despite the fact that it's one of the most-requested features.-twinkler (July 18, 2010, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Have you read the entire thread over there? You may have missed the latest post by DonL where he says: Well, I'm quite optimistic that i can do browse and extract for ZIP and RAR in September.  8)
--- End quote ---

J-Mac:
To add to my dismay, when I brought this up in the XYplorer forum, DonL made it clear that he doesn't think this is an important feature to add, despite the fact that it's one of the most-requested features.-twinkler (July 18, 2010, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Have you read the entire thread over there? You may have missed the latest post by DonL where he says: Well, I'm quite optimistic that i can do browse and extract for ZIP and RAR in September.  8)
--- End quote ---
-j_hallgren (July 24, 2010, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Notice that the post you linked to was made four days after the post here that mentioned that feature?   8)

Jim

j_hallgren:
Notice that the post you linked to was made four days after the post here that mentioned that feature?   8)-J-Mac (July 24, 2010, 09:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Note that I'm new on this forum (but have been on XY forums for years and feel I know what's current) so when I saw something here that wasn't maybe quite up to date with status there, I thought it approp to mention that aspect...

In the XY forum thread, DonL switched his position on zip at least twice in that thread as I percieve it...from 'not adding' -to- 'adding it' -to- 'not adding' -to- 'adding some', and I'm not sure how the post timings there mesh or not with those here...it appeared to me that twinkler's comments here maybe reflected the "not" phase rather than the later "adding some" phase...that's all I was referring to.

Also, as of July 13th, DonL indicated that he wasn't against it, just not a priority, and the later post I linked to clarified the time frame involved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version