ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (83/119) > >>

cyberdiva:
You could try working through the suggestions in this FAQ - http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=6285
-tanis424 (May 10, 2010, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks very much for the link.  Actually, the past few days, DOpus suddenly seems to be behaving itself.  Perhaps it knew that I was complaining about its sluggishness?  Anyway, if it goes back to its previous bad habits, I'll start going through the list of suggestions. 

cranioscopical:
The official version of XYplorer 9.30 is released (here)

Curt:
I took the offer on XYplorer. But the thing won't register. I have followed the procedure very carefully. Did you try this? (yeah; I can hear you now: "is he asking if I ever have tried to follow the procedure?" No, I mean, did you try XYplorer not registering?!!) I have of course mailed the author, but so far he just mailed me the procedures again.
 :tellme:

Edit:
It turns out the first auto-generated key was wrong. Mystery solved!

J-Mac:
The official version of XYplorer 9.30 is released (here)
-cranioscopical (July 16, 2010, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads-up Chris. Got 9.3 now.

Still using DOpus though for every day use; I can't seem to get my mind set on learning how to do all the things I do in DOpus with XYplorer. Every time I decide to give XYplorer an extended go I find myself staring at it, trying to perform some action that is automatic for me in DOpus, and I always end up closing it and using DOpus instead. I haven't found the time to really read up on the XYplorer features or at least the nitty gritty details of how to access them easily. One of these days....

Thanks!

Jim

Jibz:
Still using DOpus though for every day use; I can't seem to get my mind set on learning how to do all the things I do in DOpus with XYplorer. Every time I decide to give XYplorer an extended go I find myself staring at it, trying to perform some action that is automatic for me in DOpus, and I always end up closing it and using DOpus instead. I haven't found the time to really read up on the XYplorer features or at least the nitty gritty details of how to access them easily. One of these days....-J-Mac (July 17, 2010, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I feel much the same way. I use DO and TC normally depending on what I need to do. I really like a lot of the features of XY when I read about them, and I have a feeling there's something great in it, but then I run into something simple like the inability to open a zip archive as a folder and I am back in TC again :-[.

I love the portability of XY though, it's nice that the author trusts you enough to not have registered users go through hoops just to use it from an USB stick :Thmbsup:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version