ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (82/119) > >>

tomos:
[...] several years ago, I dreamt that I asked about the slow lister behavior in the DOpus forum, but my dream didn't produce any really useful responses.  :)
-cyberdiva (May 10, 2010, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

tanis424:
You could try working through the suggestions in this FAQ - http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?t=6285

J-Mac:
Hmm... strange, Jim. I fired up XYplorer on my system and note that I have it set to dual pane with a preview of a jpg open. I checked the CPU usage before minimizing to tray - fluctuated between 0 and 2%, for a few seconds. After I minimized it, I watched it in TaskManager for about five minutes and it is absolutely steady at 0%. I maximized the window again and even with the preview displayed there has been absolutely no CPU activity for the past three or four minutes.

Win 7 64-bit on a notebook running an Intel Core 2 Duo processor (T9300 @2.5Ghz, though I am also running granola on this machine).

Heh, heh - just had a brief "blip" to 1% CPU on xyplorer.exe *32 and it's back to 00...
-Darwin (May 10, 2010, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I never noticed it until just recently. Perhaps it is something to do with the latest build? Well all I can do is keep an eye or two on it.

Thank you.

Jim

Darwin:
OK - I'm several builds back of the latest beta (dated yesterday) and am installing it now.

Darwin:
So... I went from XYPlorer 9.10.0000 to 9.10.0009 and note that maximized or minimized to the taskbar, XYPlorer is pretty much solid at 00% of my CPU. I changed folders, changed preview to a pdf, changed back to a jpg and the worst "blip" I saw as up to 31% as the pdf preview opened, but it lasted for about 5 seconds, if that and settled back down to 00%, where it remains.

Overall, looking at this makes me wonder if I shouldn't be using XYplorer MORE than I do now (I have DOPus 9 set up as my default) as it seems much lighter...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version