ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (73/119) > >>

exjoburger:
So many to chose from. I use FreeCommander a lot, even though I have a license for Total Commander.
I also use Windows Exploder, seem to have got used to it.

TucknDar:
I used it a lot back when it was still being developed-Innuendo (December 06, 2009, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
So did I. Turbo Navigator was my first non-Explorer file manager, and I used it until I discovered the wonders of Windows Commander (as Total Commander was known back then).

Innuendo:
So did I. Turbo Navigator was my first non-Explorer file manager, and I used it until I discovered the wonders of Windows Commander (as Total Commander was known back then). -TucknDar (December 06, 2009, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ha! Same here! I discovered Total Commander's plugins and there was just no going back to Explorer or Turbo Navigator.

sri:
So many to chose from. I use FreeCommander a lot, even though I have a license for Total Commander.
I also use Windows Exploder, seem to have got used to it.
-exjoburger (December 06, 2009, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D ;D

IL1keT0Donate:
The Novatix re-incarnation of PowerDesk that they dubbed Explorer Plus is without a doubt the most desirable version of the PowerDesk siblings. As of the last published version v6.2 it had all of the bugs fixed that were/are in every other iteration of the product.

Unfortunately, Novatix axed the product and last time I checked they were focused on network security products & there's no way to buy the product. If the PowerDesk way of doing things is anyone's 'groove', so to speak then it'd be very advantageous for one to track down a copy of Explorer Plus v6.2.
-Innuendo (April 26, 2009, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

When the links were still working I contacted Novatix and was informed that ExplorerPlus was written by the person who wrote/compiled the original and earlier versions of PowerDesk (before it got sold to a number of companies like VCOM Avanquest etc).

History (taken from a horses mouth source): ExplorerPlus was originally released in 2003 and was a Novatix Corporation product.  In May of 2005, however, that Novatix Corporation officially changed its name to SendPhotos, Inc. and that was where you could find ExplorerPlus being supported until just recently (late 2006).  (A new different Novatix was also formed whose focus was solely on behavior-based security products.)

But although ExplorerPlus was a great file manager and possibly even better or more reliable than PowerDesk v6 or v7, I doubt that it works glitch free in Windows 7 32 bit (and don't even think about 64bit).

So now that my newish notebook will have Win 7 installed and Vista sent packing I'm trawling through this topic to find a browser that works the way I'd like a File Manager too.

I like to see all file & foder details (not just icons or listings) and also see true file sizes not round ups. I'd like a dialog tracker to find recently opened files & folders, quick viewer pane and an indexing search engine built into the program if possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version