ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (64/119) > >>

Darwin:
No need to apologise for reviving this (or any other) thread  :) I'm now using Dopus 9 exclusively because I am in austerity mode on my Vista 64 machine (ie I want to keep it as light as possible - don't want to gum it up with redundant software installations) and I love it.

WRT your question, though, what are you looking for in a file manager? There are many choices (the poll is far from comprehensive)...!

SleepingWolf:
Handling scores of old .htm and associated _files folders in an intelligent way (Ie. together) is my biggest bugbear with any software that doesn't have a hefty pricetag I can't justify. Ie. Dopus is out for me unless some remarkable discount comes my way. Opera and its .mht file does mitigate that problem for me except as noted in my previous post.

BTW, that was a much quicker post than the timestamps would have you  think. Thanks Darwin.

Curt:
This one I hadn't heard about before: FileSurfer.
-Curt (January 02, 2009, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

FileSurfer has been renamed, zirpher, and moved to a new site, and is apparently no longer in beta

http://www.zirpher.com/

(version 3.4, uploaded on January 17, 2009; 1.95 MB).

Zirpher is freeware. Just unzip the application and click on Zirpher.exe. All configuration data is stored inside the created folder, Zirpher does not copy dll's and does not create registry entries. To uninstall the application, simply delete the complete folder.
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Just to note: DonL is busy working on XYPlorer 8, which will feature, amongst other things dual pane  :-*

You can read his announcement here.

Should be a winner  :Thmbsup:

Lashiec:
Just to note: DonL is busy working on XYPlorer 8, which will feature, amongst other things dual pane  :-*
-Darwin (March 05, 2009, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's getting chilly here in Hell... ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version