ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (61/119) > >>

fenixproductions:
2Darwin
It was crazy reference to Sting's song.

Edit:
PS. All those good words about my site reminded me that I had forgot to copy one of my ideas from TC's forum board ;)
If someone is interested in then: http://fenixproductions.qsh.eu/TCIdeas.aspx#quickfilt

END of self-advertisement...

SleepingWolf:
The second link doesn't work for me. Is it current? Probably it's FireFox playing up again.

--- End quote ---

The problem here was an Norton Internet Security setting too high, thus rendering internet practically unusable. So presumably now I'm less safe. What a dilemma. Thanks Norton! And sorry to have doubted good old Firefox.

As regards Fenix being a Brit, in my book he is as long as he stays here. It's a state of mind (like being hungry) although I doubt Customs would agree.

SleepingWolf:
Perhaps I should add that I've seen the DC map since that original post and am staggered and pleased to note how many DC'ers are currently residing in Britain. So I shouldn't have singled FenixProductions out as being particularly noteworthy. (Except that his web-site loads up quite quickly in a browser which is nice (if predictable))

Can anyone else comment on File Managers with explorer type behavior as described on the previous page.

Darwin:
2Darwin
It was crazy reference to Sting's song.-fenixproductions (September 22, 2008, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... I should have just googled the phrase, didn't think of that  :o

Can anyone else comment on File Managers with explorer type behavior as described on the previous page.
-SleepingWolf (October 04, 2008, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

just took a very cursory look at DOpus to see if it is capable of the explorer-type behaviour you're asking about (the ability to copy/move/delete the file folders associated with html files with one automatically, if I am reading your post right?), and can't find that kind of functionality. However, I'd bet that it is already possible or that you could create a button to do this. At the moment, I don't have access to any other file managers (they're on my other machine), but will try to remember to look into this next time I do.

CleverCat:

Just discovered this thread - installed QT TabBar and it works for me! I particularly love the the Desktop tool to quickly jump to folders...  :Thmbsup:

Gizmo does it again!!  :D

--- End quote ---

The more I use, the more I like! Especially being able to jump to folders straight from Task Bar... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version