ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (55/119) > >>

kartal:
This one seems like a deadware? Their sites has not been updated since 2005 and their forums spammed heavily.

I use 'File Notes Organizer 3'  see here.  http://www.filenotes.com/

Excellent programme
-wales (September 27, 2007, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Lutz_:
Well this is not my preferred file manager, but it is almost:

AC Browser Plus

http://www.konradp.com/products/acbplus/

This browser is basically free and has many of the coolest and helpful features aiding in file management.  Just for example, the three last used files in any folder are automatically highlighted; it has FTP integration, great multithreading of move and copy operations, fast image browsing, very nice breadcrumb navigation, editorial renaming is ingenious ( edit the file names in a folder like a text in texteditor), it is scriptable, ......   the cool tools,  there are soo many.
Furthermore, the program is stable  (the looks could be polished a bit, though).

So, why is this not my favorite?
AC Browser Plus has a unique windowing philosophy; it does not use the standard dual-pane approach; but instead you can open as many independent browser windows inside the main window as you want. Whoever likes this approach, should absolutely use this program; it is fantastic otherwise (I always thought one uses a filemanager to get rid of the multiple explorer windows ;) ).  For me, multiple windows quickly become a mess that is simply too annoying to navigate.  I sincerely hope a "standard" tabbed dual pane interface can be added to this program. It has great potential.

Dormouse:
This browser is basically free -Lutz_ (August 04, 2008, 05:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see that there is a free version limited to 3 windows, but in what way is the main version basically free?

Lutz_:
I see that there is a free version limited to 3 windows, but in what way is the main version basically free?
-Dormouse (August 04, 2008, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hello Dormouse,
I have found this limitation to be only of virtual nature.

Dormouse:
Ah, so the registration just really buys support and lifetime upgrades. I assume that the reason for the free version is that he intends the main one to becime paid for at some stage. I'll give it a look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version