ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (52/119) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Kartal,

Thanks for looking, your ahead of me.  I'm writing on my cleaner puter and do little downloading on this one until I'm pretty sure of a product for my own use.  :)

It looked like there were some pics that showed a viewer.  Maybe on his site, maybe Nonags, somewhere.  So if it has a setting to make something like IrfanView the viewer, wouldn't that be sufficient and ok ?  In my experience that is all these things need, although I know at times they run into various issues with the viewer software about usage (license, copyright, etc).  However there should be a good freeware viewer available for all the basics, with a setting. Maybe.

Shalom,
Steven

kartal:
It has alot of features and functionalities like setting number of columns. I think that it is a well designed free file manager alternative. Also it opens very quickly which is a big plus.  But it is folder tree is slow compared to others I have used.

lanux128:
Oh, not that much - Just looks and functionality!!  No, there is a lot I can do, but generally it's interface is SO different than most file explorers that I get stumped a lot and need to end up opening another one.  Little everyday things like trying to access features that I am used to accessing from a right-click context menu. I start out needing to do something relatively routine and find myself spending 10 to 30 minutes rummaging around in the TC Help file, and then another 20 minutes or so looking around the TC forums.  Then I realize I have spent well over an hour sitting at my computer trying to find out how to accomplish something that I could have done in 30 seconds using even the Windows Explorer interface!!  So I open that or DOpus or whatever and do it and close TC, not to open it for another month or two. ...-J-Mac (April 20, 2008, 02:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

actually this sounds familiar, for i have used totalcmd from time to time. i did recently downloaded version 7.02 and was quite surprised that the interface is now quite stream-lined with the  standard Windows UI but nevertheless, i'm not going to ditch my Salamander anytime soon. :)

222fbj:
Ive been a xplorer2 user for awhile - but just came across Nexusfile - it is the best IMHO.
Give it a try - no install version available - just unzip.

nosh:
I found the advanced rename feature better when I tried it. Nexusfile is off to a decent start but it has a LONG way to go if it intends to match the versatility of xplorer2, or any other successful, time-tested file manager for that matter. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version