ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (45/119) > >>

kartal:
My favorites are freecommander and ultracommander. I tried all those paid softwares and to be honest none of them are offering more than these 2 as far as usability it and general feature set.

Curt:
Here's a new file manager that i've been using for a couple of days: http://home.comcast.net/~wazware/products/waztree3.htm-Zero3K (March 15, 2008, 01:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

- this is really looking promising!  :up:

--- End quote ---
WazTree III is an explorer like file manager with a twist which allows simpler selection of drives via tabs.  Quick file viewer with easy to use spin button to select next or previous file to view.  Waztree III is eight programs in one along with many file tools.

Features:

* Eight modes: File Manager, Web Browser, File Viewer (as text or Binary-Hex), Text Editor, Image Viewer, Movie Viewer, Zip File Viewer, Audio Player (independent of mode)

* Built in Zip, UnZip, Zip to .Exe & Zip repair support along with many other FIle Tools such as convert between BMP, JPG, GIF, WMF & TIF files, Create numbered files, Append file names etc..

* Email files from file manager or text from text editor.

* Search for files and text content.

* Synchronize Folders

* Calendar/clock create calendar file or print.

* Still access to DOS prompt (for us old timers)

* Built in CD player

* Create playlists from Audio Player

* Quick access to recent folders used and web Favorites

--- End quote ---

- all this in a "Beta 0.0"!!!  :o  http://home.comcast.net/~wazware/products/waztree3.htm

@Zero3K, How well does it perform? - how 'bug-free' is it?  :tellme:

Zero3K:
No crashes so far. But, it does flicker (refresh) more than it should.

kalos:
hello

can anyone tell me IF any of the mentioned or other file managers are independent of explorer.exe?

I am not sure how file managers work

do they uses explorer.exe to get access to the folders and files and then displays the information with their own style?

do they use explorer.exe to perform its tasks? (eg copy, paste, etc)

or are they totaly independent of explorer.exe?

I am asking this, because I see very little or maybe zero difference between file managers and explorer.exe, when I compare the speed, system resources consumption, stability, etc

I love the interface of file managers, but I really need a more optimized, stable and fast file manager than explorer.exe, that will be able for example to open fast a dir with many subfolders, etc and not just to offer customized buttons and menus

thanks

iphigenie:
I tried to try WazTree III but it crashed all the time for me - I couldnt even use it long enough to understand the approach. Oh well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version