ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (81/119) > >>

rjbull:
XYPlorer also has a lot of features but TBH I Don’t know how to use a lot of them.-J-Mac (May 06, 2010, 05:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here.  I use Total Commander almost all the time.  But when I was at work, XY was brilliant for doing unindexed searches on the company network, especially when I wanted to do something with the found files, not just find where they were.

4wd:
@ cyberdiva & CWuestefeld,
have you tried the Dopus forum to see what the problem is with reading the respective folders ?
I get the impression they are fairly responsive with bugs and that sounds like a bug to me...

I havent noticed any slow-down in Dopus from v.8 to v.9 myself
-tomos (May 06, 2010, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here, no problem with directories loading slow - sounds like a possible 'interaction with another program' issue.

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode, running DOpus and then opening the relevant directories?

J-Mac:
I notice that when I have XYPlorer open and minimized to the tray, it eats up some CPU: always 5 to 8% but occasionally jumps to 20% or more. Shouldn’t be active in any way. Maybe it is auto-refreshing periodically? Still seems to use a bit much CPU for that.

Thank you.

Jim

Darwin:
Hmm... strange, Jim. I fired up XYplorer on my system and note that I have it set to dual pane with a preview of a jpg open. I checked the CPU usage before minimizing to tray - fluctuated between 0 and 2%, for a few seconds. After I minimized it, I watched it in TaskManager for about five minutes and it is absolutely steady at 0%. I maximized the window again and even with the preview displayed there has been absolutely no CPU activity for the past three or four minutes.

Win 7 64-bit on a notebook running an Intel Core 2 Duo processor (T9300 @2.5Ghz, though I am also running granola on this machine).

Heh, heh - just had a brief "blip" to 1% CPU on xyplorer.exe *32 and it's back to 00...

cyberdiva:
@ cyberdiva & CWuestefeld,
have you tried the Dopus forum to see what the problem is with reading the respective folders ?
I get the impression they are fairly responsive with bugs and that sounds like a bug to me...
-tomos (May 06, 2010, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
I would swear that I did, several years ago.  I don't recall whether it was for version 8 or 9.  I don't recall getting any genuinely helpful responses.  But the weirdest thing is that I tried earlier today to locate the posting I'd sent and the responses, and I came up empty.  Geez, I dunno...sometimes I don't remember doing something that it turns out I did, but I don't tend to remember doing something that I didn't!  :huh:  I even looked in the long-defunct Yahoo Groups group for DOpus, but I came up empty there too.  So I guess I should amend my response to say that several years ago, I dreamt that I asked about the slow lister behavior in the DOpus forum, but my dream didn't produce any really useful responses.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version