ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's your preferred File Manager

<< < (77/119) > >>

Tuxman:
Why should you need that?

hulkbuster:
well duh to update my current Windows Explorer information and data,,,when i h' opened two windows say C: and D: but the good thing about xplorer2 is that it get updated automatically.
(Just tried it now) :tellme:

Tuxman:
Depends. You can disable it.  :D

Innuendo:
well duh to update my current Windows Explorer information and data,,,when i h' opened two windows say C: and D: but the good thing about xplorer2 is that it get updated automatically.
(Just tried it now) :tellme:-hulkbuster (May 03, 2010, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was just getting ready to say that any file manager worth its salt auto-refreshed its file lists.

CWuestefeld:
For some time I've been a user of DOpus -- on my home computer, anyway; the license is too much for me to justify a second for work. IMHO, this program is the most polished, with a feature set that seems very well thought-out and integrated.

However, over the past few months I've found that it slows to a crawl when opening and sorting the contents of one particular directory (and not that large of one, with just a couple of hundred items). This has become enough of a frustration to me that I've mostly switched to XYplorer.

XYplorer is far quicker than DOpus, at least in the case of my headache directory. While I've never felt that its feature set was integrated as well as DOpus's, it certainly gets the job done. A few upgrades over the past couple of versions has made it my preference. In particular, it's now able to queue file operations, and the horrible artifacting in the toolbar is fixed. And it's one heck of a lot cheaper than DOpus. I'm still waiting on one more important feature: flattened directory view, which is promised soon.

The only reservation I have in recommending XYplorer now is the attitude of the developer. He's very resistant to criticism, even when it's intended to be constructive, because he has his own vision of what his program should be, and won't be swayed from it. I've seen exchanges on his forum become what I would consider abusive of his users when they criticize the program. But if your vision is sufficiently close to his, you can get a long way with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version