ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

change cursor appearance

<< < (2/7) > >>

kalos:
thanks it seems like what I need!

lanux128:
you're welcome.. btw, nomousy comes with an AHK script but i made another to toggle I-Beam's visibility with Win+H. maybe it'll be useful to you.. :)

;in case of I-Beam, Win+h hides the I-Beam
#h::
If A_Cursor = IBeam
   Run, nomousy.exe -ib ;hide I-Beam
Else
   Run, nomousy.exe     ;restore
Return
--- End quote ---

kalos:
thanks

but my main problem is this:

when I type in a specific control (classnn) the IBeam hides the character below it (mainly the character I want to edit, so I move the IBeam over there)

I think there are 2 solutions: I must either make IBeam disappear or change its appearance so that it wont hide any characters (eg make it an underscore or anything better)

if I make it disappear, how then, I will be able to go to the exact position I need to edit characters of the text?
to prevent this, it should disappear ONLY when I am typing
but the problem still exists: when I am not typing, IBeam may hide a character (the one below the IBeam)

so, I think making cursor change appearance (like PSpad does) would be much better, however I dont know which appearance it should have not to hide the character below it and at the same time to point precisely to the position that the next typed character will be entered

maybe a dot, a small vertical line, an underscore... I cant imagine something good

please feel free to suggest any other solutions to this problem

thanks

lanux128:
that's why i made the ahk script so that you can toggle the visibility but i'd like to see how the I-Beam hides the characters.. can you make a screenshot & post it here?

kalos:
mm unfortunately taking screenshots makes cursor disappear

the font I use is Verdana 9 and the IBeam may hide the below character very easily...
this is a very big problem for me that I check the spelling of the document and I often correct single characters

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version