ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to stop worrying

(1/3) > >>

justice:
Maybe a bit of an unusual topic but I just read this article.

http://www.anxietyculture.com/worry.htm
There's a useful gimmick to help stop worrying (we've already mentioned it briefly in How to Avoid Responsibilities, but it's worth looking at in detail). You simply cultivate the habit of postponing worrying. Your mind becomes (re-)conditioned to not dwell on worries in the present.
--- End quote ---
As someone who'd like to worry less, the trick mentioned seems worth trying. Do you worry a lot and what helps you?

justice:
The whole site is actually worth a look with a very interesting looking newsletters, articles on responsibilities and a Diary of Distractinos, which must appeal to you procastinators :)

(Anxiety Culture is a satirical webzine containing a wealth of gimmicks, ideas and images for navigating the Anxiety Age. We peek at the paranoias hidden behind the respectable suburban front door...)

Darwin:
Thanks for the link, justice. Definitely a look - I'm a notorious worry-wart!

lanux128:
i haven't read the article you've linked but i read somewhere that procastinating may hold off the immediate anxiety attack but will snowball into a stressful burden on your brain.. :) now, if only i can remember who wrote that, was it David Allen in GTD?

justice:
It's a bit of a one-tip page, so putting the whole tip here would rob you from a great online resource but basically they're applying a gtd methodology (writing down on a list 'takes it out of your thoughts') to worries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version