ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Suggestions for Clipboard Help + Spell

(1/1)

masu:
- ability to organize images with an image preview in the contextmenu

- support for RTF text (with option to convert RTF text to plain text)

- preference window just should have one tab row for easier reading

mouser:
- support for RTF text (with option to convert RTF text to plain text)
--- End quote ---

i really do agree with this and i *will* be adding this (will be optional so those who use chs for plaintext only wont be affected)

ability to organize images with an image preview in the contextmenu
--- End quote ---

i agree as well -- again optional.  the database is already set up for this so it's not that much work.

--

the real reason these things aren't implemented is that, in truth, i have no use for these features, and my experience after using a clipboard tool with image and rtf support, is that i really don't use these features.

there is no doubt that having images and rtf on the clipboard itself is needed -- but i just never found myself needing to store such clips for longer periods of time which is of course what clipboard tools like chs are for.  though i don't doubt that some people have need for these so i will be adding rtf support for sure.  but my focus has been on plaintext features just because i think thats 95% of the use.

TucknDar:
Could features like these, i.e. storing clips in various formats, be implemented through plugins? Now that you have a good plugin system in FARR, I suppose you could add this to some of your other apps too :tellme:

mouser:
it's a very good idea -- i wrote the plugin system to be very general and easy to add to different programs.
however i think RTF and image data are best implemented as part of core system and i do plan to do so.

TucknDar:
however i think RTF and image data are best implemented as part of core system and i do plan to do so.
-mouser (September 09, 2007, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
You'll hear no complaints from me about that ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version