ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (15/24) > >>

Darwin:
That's interesting J-Mac. As I stated above, I'm using Dopus 9 and use it to replace Windows Explorer. I do see Bulk Rename Here in the Dopus context menu. FWIW I'm running XP Pro Sp-2 and can't think of anything that I've done to enable Bulk Rename's context menu 'entry' to display, other than simply running the installer.

tomos:
in DOpus you have the option to show windows context menu or Dopus context menu
not sure how this done in #9 but should be easy to find in the manual ?!

Darwin:
Yup -Tomos is correct. However, NB that I had the context menu item in both DOpus 8 and now in Dopus 9. The option is actually to HIDE Windows Explorer items in the Dopus context menu. I wonder if you have inadvertently enabled this feature, J-Mac? Good catch, Tom  :Thmbsup: - I'd forgotten about it. To check for this, J-Mac, hold down the shift key when you right click an item in Dopus. If BRU Context entry appears, you'll know that you have disabled Windows Explorer context menu items. I'll be back in a jiffy to tell you where to look for this setting.

Darwin:
OK here's the setting from the "Settings" - "Preferences" dialogue:

J-Mac:
Tomos, Darwin:  I know that. I do hide the Windows menu. But with what is left after hiding the Windowsd menu - I don't see the Bulk Renamer item there.  Darwin if you do not have that checked then you are not seeing DOpus's menu, but the Windows menu.

They have a tutorial that shows how to go with the DOpus menu but to add back just the Windows items that you want. But it is not clear at all.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version