ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (14/24) > >>

J-Mac:
Bulk Rename Utility (my favourite) installs a context menu option like the one Lanux notes above for 1-4a above.
-Darwin (January 14, 2008, 12:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you see that in DOpus, Darwin?  If so, how did you get it there?

Thanks.

Jim

J-Mac:
Does 'your' renamer support Send To >  ?

I couldn't decide which one to use, but I finally grabbed the FREE Rename Master from JoeJoe, the Jackass! ...-Curt (September 27, 2007, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

The renaming part of this Master is the finest (thums up) and easy to work with, but unfortunately the "Send To > Rename Master" feature wouldn't work on my XP. And because I also truly disliked the totally strange navigation system this program used, I erased it. The Send To feature is vital I think, and any new renamer of mine must support Send To > 

So of course I ask the DC forum:
Does 'your' favourite renamer support Send To ?? 
:tellme:
-Curt (January 13, 2008, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Curt - Have you tried "Send To Any" from OpticalReaction.com?  It adds a "Send to Any" submenu to the standard "Send To" in your context menu.  Folders and Applications.

Jim

Darwin:
Hi Jim - yes, I do see that in DOpus 9... to get it there  you have to download the installer that specifies that it has it. If you look at the download page, you'll note:

Download the appropriate version with installer and run it and you should be good to go!

J-Mac:
I do have that version, and I do see it if I use Windows context menus.  But not in the DOpus menus.  Which do you use?

I prefer to use the DOpus menus, but I cannot edit the context menus in Dopus.  They have a picture that claims to show you how, but it doesn't really show much at all, AFAIC.

Jim

rjbull:
I can't remember this one being mentioned yet (apologies if it has been): Fast File Renamer

Fast File Renamer: Rename multiple files at the click of a button!

Current version: 1.0,  February 05, 2007

Fast File Renamer is a freeware program which can help you with the tedious task of renaming large numbers of files. The program can be used by anyone who needs to keep large collections of files organized (such as mp3 files, image and graphics files, web-site-related files, system files).

Fast File Renamer also has a 'simulate' function where you can preview the effects of any changes before applying them and it supports the use of the '*' wildcard character (inside the pattern which is to be deleted or replaced).

--- End quote ---

Looks simpler than most folk here will want, but then, if you have a simple task, this may be easier to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version