ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (13/24) > >>

zridling:
Man, I've tried all these renamers many times over, and I still like Bulk Rename Utility best. The UI lays out everything in front of you, with tons of keyboard shortcuts, and in 32 & 64-bit versions.

Curt:
Does 'your' renamer support Send To >  ?

I couldn't decide which one to use, but I finally grabbed the FREE Rename Master from JoeJoe, the Jackass! ...-Curt (September 27, 2007, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

The renaming part of this Master is the finest (thums up) and easy to work with, but unfortunately the "Send To > Rename Master" feature wouldn't work on my XP. And because I also truly disliked the totally strange navigation system this program used, I erased it. The Send To feature is vital I think, and any new renamer of mine must support Send To > 

So of course I ask the DC forum:
Does 'your' favourite renamer support Send To ?? 
:tellme:

lanux128:
Does 'your' renamer support Send To >  ? -Curt (January 13, 2008, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

"send to" support should be easy to implement provided the program accepts command-line parameters. e.g. 1-4a rename can be added to the folder context-menu with a reg file.

nosh:
ReNamer has an option for attaching itself to the folder context menu - you can also add it to the Windows SendTo folder (it has an internal option to do this too) so it can be used with files/file+folder selection combos.

Darwin:
Bulk Rename Utility (my favourite) installs a context menu option like the one Lanux notes above for 1-4a above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version