ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (12/24) > >>

nosh:
It looks very generic, Curt. Have you tried ReNamer? They all pretty much do the same thing but it's the only one I find a pleasure to use.

nudone:
i prefer 'Rename Master' also (okay, i know i'm repeating myself from earlier in this thread).

i think the use of the tabs in rename master just make it a little easier to understand. i don't use rename tools very often to it's nice to have an interface that is intuitive enough to work with when you've not seen it for a couple of months.

but, no doubt, ReNamer will feel more intuitive to other people.

Renegade:
I just installed BRU - very nice. Lots of easy options there.

Also, I noticed that it's using pcre.dll - handy. (Stands for Perl Compatible Regular Expressions)

Armando:
I just installed BRU - very nice. Lots of easy options there.
-Renegade (October 05, 2007, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Love it too. I just renamed a bunch of files today, using BRU and Flash Renamer, and realized that I love the fact that BRU's live preview shows the changes in a different color. Very convenient, easier on the eyes and brain... You can also apply several changes at once, very convenient too.

But Flash Renamer (my other favorite) has some definite pluses : a "path/address bar", which is more convenient (IMHO) than the "jump to path" action in BRU; a "free select" (drag and drop) window to drop files (very convenient if you want to rename files from different folders simultaneously); a preset manager to save presets (you can save presets in BRU too, but it's not as intuitive); and other little sweet features (like MP3 renaming based on file content, file attribute changer, add different file attributes to the name, append multiple different file characteristics to the name, etc.)

Both are very complementary.

Curt:
PFrank keeps updating and updating - maybe by now this is The Best?

However, turns out it had a critical bug:
2.03-2.09 - Critical.
There is a time bomb in these versions. PFrank will not start when the current month is December of any year.-PFrank bug
--- End quote ---

- so if you have PFrank you really should update to the new 2.10   a.s.a.p!

Find your version (incl. Vista) at http://www3.telus.net/pfrank/PFrankAlerts.html

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pfrank.html incl XP (not for Vista)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version