ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (10/24) > >>

Curt:
It's very similar in flexrename -iphigenie (September 12, 2007, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Flexible Renamer - Another Free File Renamer -PhilB66 (September 12, 2007, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I cannot see that Flexible Renamer has been updated since May 2003 (except for addin of German UI in 2005) - is this program really to be counted among the best today?

katykaty:
Ryan over at cybernetnews.com has a post up on his favorite file renamer, called appropriately, ReNamer.
-mouser (September 09, 2007, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Version 5.05 of this program, Denis Kozlov's ReNamer, is now out, dated 17th Sept. 2007.

-rjbull (September 18, 2007, 05:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up  :)

lothark:
Has anyone mentioned Siren - http://www.scarabee-software.net/en/siren.html

naveed:
I really like Rename-It. It's quick and very clean. It's open source but no updates for a while and has some problems with Vista.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/renameit/

ssoundman:
Here's another vote for Renamer (used on WinXP Pro). I haven't tried BRU but I have tried a few others whose names escape me. I really like the options Renamer offers. I take a lot of digital photos and videos of my kids, and have found Renamer to be very, very fast even when renaming directories of over 100 photos to have a basic name and a sequence number (i.e. "School Concert 001.jpg, ..." It finished the process so quickly I had to double check to see that it had really finished!

The interface can be a little daunting at first, but it's well worth learning.

I saved my preset and just have to make a minor modification each time I use it rather than figure it all out again. It strips all the filename characters but leaves the file extension in place, inserts the new name you have chosen and serializes it, as in my example above.

If anyone wants a copy of it I'll be glad to share it; you can easily import it and tweak it to suit your needs.

Awesome utility! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version