ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReNamer: The best freeware file renamer? (yes says cybernetnews.com)

<< < (4/24) > >>

Lashiec:
You'll soon discover it. My browser is nothing compared with some of the things you'll see ;D

jgpaiva:
One more vote for BRU. There hasn't been any renaming task it hasn't been able to acomplish. Also, the live preview is VERY useful.

Note: i haven't tried many, but DOpus' internal renaming utility isn't too bad, and oscar's with vim is also quite acceptable.

noutters:
 :-*My favorite renamer is the freeware LupasRename. It's portable, powerful and simple to use thanks to a well designed interface.
Unfortunately, it is not developed since april 2005. That is not a concern since the code is well polished and the options cover most of a regular user needs.

Check it at http://rename.lupasfreeware.org/

Cheers :Thmbsup:

katykaty:
I'm really happy with ReNamer.  :up:

Whoever designed the user interface for Bulk Rename Utility shouldn't be allowed near computers  :o

Armando:
I think I've tried them all!

my favorites :

Bulk Rename Utility (I like BRU's UI by the way. It's just a matter of getting used to it.)
Flash Renamer (UI is more sexy, I admit)

I use both, extensively.
I usually prefer BRU (when I have to rename 1000s of files), but I enjoy Flash Renamer better for presets and the ability to save batches of complex regex renaming operations. Indispensable. (Is it only me or is it much harder to do that with BRU?)
Anyway : both are extremely powerful, quick and not too resource hungry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version